Thursday, April 29, 2010

Just...Thankful.

Just a quick note to say how very thankful I am for my family, my blessings, and another (relatively :) normal day.

I found out via Facebook earlier this afternoon that my former boss's son (only in his late 20's) passed away on Monday.  I am heartbroken, and have visions of an 8x10 photo that sat proudly on her office shelf depicting two shirtless little boys in dressed only in swim trunks, arms wrapped tightly around each other, sporting goofy, little boy grins, in an 80's photography studio-type setting.  I often gazed at that photo, and pondered the passing of time....and the strength of maternal love.  I don't know why that particular photo made such an impression on me, but it did.

Now, thinking back on that picture, that most likely still sits prominently displayed in that little office, I realize how quickly life goes by, and how we need to savor each and every moment.  Each and every sweet, special, (albeit sticky :), baby hug, and every opportunity to kiss a boo-boo, or kiss a freshly-shampooed little head as we tuck our little ones into bed each and every night.  I'm so very thankful for my blessings tonight, and I hugged them extra-tight as I pulled their covers up, and tucked them into bed.  I believe with all my heart that Jesus holds them (and us) in the palm of His hand, and that each and every day we spend together is a gift, and a blessing.

Hold yours close tonight, too....

xoxo,

Liz

2 comments:

  1. Wish I could, but you're there and I'm here. :) Holding you all close in my heart, though. Love you more than I can say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou for sharing this...really makes you stop and cherish the little and big lives we've been blessed with.

    ReplyDelete