Sunday, April 25, 2010

I Just HAD to Have (Make) One....

Have you seen the fabric flower bib necklaces that are all over the place right now?  I first saw one in the late fall and was sooo smitten!  Since then, I've seen them everywhere and have completely fallen for them!

Being the crafty mama that I am, I decided it might better fit within the limits of my new frugal life style if I attempted to make one myself, instead of buying one from my favorite catalog.....so, I did! 

I used torn fabric to make the rosettes, added a pearl to the center, and finished it off with grosgrain ribbon.  I can't wait to try different textiles and color pallets to make these....

I'm over-flowing with ideas right now...so stay tuned! ;)

Blessings!

Liz

7 comments:

  1. Wow, Liz, that is so pretty!! I know that they are pricey in a store, so you should find a way to market those too! Bet you could corner the local market, and also do them for little girls at your stores where you already are selling products!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That turned out awesome!! I love it when ideas come together. Can't wait to see what you come up with next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a beautiful job! I agree with Mary E. -- I think you should offer them for little girls too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies! What awesome ideas! ;) This was just the first one, so I need to keep playing to perfet it! So much fun to do though!!! I like the idea of doing them for little girls, too.... ;)
    Jo, I feel the same way about you and all your ideas! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh, now those are adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have seen these everywhere lately! I love them! I am going to need to figure out how to make one! Yours is very cute! :)

    Kendra
    www.keylimedesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, everyone! I just made more this afternoon...they are so much fun! Kendra--I'll write a tutorial soon!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete