Thursday, April 22, 2010

Back to the Land of the Living....(sort of...)

Ya know when you feel like you might just poke your eyes out because you're that tired.  Well, the past three days have kind of felt like that for me.  Little man was really sick...he felt so bad that he required me to lay next to him two nights in a row, as he hallucinated, took off his pj's, put back on his pj's, needed water, needed to throw up....etc., etc.  Last night I was just.plain.exhausted.  I was so excited to finally go to bed, but I knew that my dreams of sleeping all night would soon be foiled...and I was correct in my thinking.

At midnight-ish, baby girl woke up sobbing, burning with fever, pointing to the fan on her ceiling and repeating, "ahn-ahn".  Poor, poor thing. I laid down with her, stripping her of blankets, and getting her more Motrin.  She was up and down throughout the night, as was her big brother, and once again, when my phone sounded it's alarm at 6:32 this morning, I kinda wanted to throw it out the window.....but, I got up, and started to get ready for work.

This was the second morning this week that I had to leave my sick child to go to work.  It really, really doesn't feel good to say goodbye to them when they are not feeling well...even if they are with grandma. :(  Plus, I was really, really tired. I prayed for them as I drove into work.  For restoration of health, for a good morning.  It always calms my heart and soul so much when I entrust my children back to the One who made them, and "knit them together in my womb." (from Psalm 139). 

Back in February, my husband and I had made the decision that I would take the summer off from teaching.  It was a leap of faith (especially for him), but I really felt that this was the direction the Lord was telling me to go. I started my bow business this winter, and I've never really had a chance to give it the attention it needs to really grow!  Besides, I want to spend time with my kiddos--I want to have the liberty to play all day outside, hit the pool, the zoo, go on walks, and just be!  I had made this decison, and then, I was asked to consider teaching classes just one day here in town.  I said I would...mostly out of fear and guilt.

But after the week I've had, and after a lot of prayer, I had a conversation with my work today (who are wonderful Christian women, which is awesome), and explained that although I couldn't give them a definite reason as to why (except for the fact that I wanted to spend more time with my kiddos) after praying, I really felt that I should NOT teach this summer.  Sooooo understanding, they took my name off the schedule and said that I need to follow what the Lord was telling me, and that my family comes first.  I'm so thankful for this!  I'm soooo relieved to have made this decision.  I have a new lease on life (even though my eyes are heavy, and my brain is tired).  I'm ready to give this whole frugality thing a try and see if we really can make it on one income this summer.  I am trusting the Lord completely to provide, and show us where to cut corners....I'll keep you posted!

But first....I'm (Lord willing) going to catch up on some sleep! ;)

Many, many blessings!

6 comments:

  1. Oh Liz, I would have come over and watched the kids while you took a nap. You should have told me how tired you were when we talked!!! I could have easily done that. Next time, call me~I love your blog, and trust that you are going to learn so much from your obedience to what you believe the Lord is calling you to be and to do. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and your poor babies. I hope everyone is feeling better and rested soon.

    Thanks for following along the Sugar Tails journey. I look forward to getting to know you better!

    Oh -- and checking out your ribbony things! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope they're feeling better soon! I hope you enjoy your summer with your little ones! I'm hoping to drop my hours down to part time, and can't wait! I know the feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all!!! Each day is getting better! ;) Maybe I'll actually get the house a little bit clean this afternoon!!! Ha!
    Brooke--I hope you're able to! Good for you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope everyone is feeling better! You are truly blessed to have an employer that is so understanding! I wish I had been that lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Carolyn, I agree! I can't wait to read about your next cupcakes. Everytime I get on your blog I get hungry! ;)

    ReplyDelete