Wednesday, June 9, 2010

"Miserly" Mom took a VACATION....


I just returned from Southern California from an amazing, fun-filled, sunny, beautiful, glorious vacation with amazing friends, food, drinks, and everything a girl could want!  One of my dear friends from high school got married here (click to see a gallery of photographs)....incredible!


It was my first weekend away sans kids...four whole days!!!!  Daddy was in charge (with a *little* help from his in-laws and parents ;), and let me just say he admitted to baking a batch of cookies at 9:00am on Saturday morning, so the kids had fun!  I missed them to pieces, though...wow!  I knew I would..in fact, I cried before I left many, many times.  It amazes me how once you are a mother, how hard it is to turn over the reigns, (so to speak), and let go of your duties.  These duties are day-in, and day-out....what do you do when you have no one else to take care of except for yourself?  As awesome as it sounds some days, being away (even on the most incredibly amazing vacation ever), reaffirmed my beliefs that being a mama and wife are my most favorite roles the Lord has ever blessed me with!

I was so blessed to be able to spend four whole days with my dearest (dare I say oldest?) friends! ;)  It felt as if we had reverted back 15 years, and time had stood still.  We were missing a few of our wonderful peeps, but they were with us in spirit! ;)

So, the budget was blown...I spent waaay too much money!  Three meals a day, plus a little shopping, drinking, beaching, tipping shuttle drivers, buying presents for kiddos....not looking forward to getting the bills from the weekend.  But, it was 100% worth it! And, I'm back on track, now!

Thank the Lord for wonderful friends, time away with them, gorgeous scenery, a family that will ALLOW me to have a little time for myself, and then greet me with the most open, loving arms upon my return.  I am so blessed and I thank the good Lord for each and every friend he has blessed me with (wonderful friends are few and far between, and we all need to cherish these friendships ;), and my incredible family.  Love you all!

xoxo,

Liz ;)

3 comments:

  1. Good for you! ~ I will feel the same way about letting someone else be in control in October, when, for the first time I'll be gone for 2 nights, leaving my husband in charge! But, I think it's great that the hubbies recognize that we need to refresh our batteries once in a while!! Great to see you back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful place! I'm so glad you got to go and have a good time-- you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful young ladies! I can't believe how color coordinated you all were! Honestly, you all look the same as you did in High School, just more polished and sophisticated. You do have a pretty amazing guy, I must say. He never complained once to my knowledge, but just wanted you to have a great time. As we all did. :)

    ReplyDelete