Sunday, June 27, 2010

Busy, Busy, BUSY! ;)

Sorry for being an "absent blogger"...I've missed you!!! 

When I started this blog a couple of months ago, I posted about the journey the Lord has taken me on in my work life, and my desires to be a stay at home mom...on a budget, of course! ;)

Well, I'm pleased to report that we have taken the proverbial "plunge"!  As of last week, I spoke with my amazing boss, and told her that I would not be returning to teach in the fall.  This took so much prayer, faith, and courage...especially on the part of my dear husband.  I cannot tell you how liberating this decision has been for me!  And, because the Lord is sooo faithful, I have had the most amazing month selling my handmade items!  Never, did I ever imagine that I would be so busy!  I know it will ebb and flow, but it's seriously incredible to me how everything has transpired!  I want to yell a big ol' SHOUT OUT to all of my awesome, amazing friends and family who have helped this business to grow...thank you, thank you, from the very bottom of my heart!

One thing I'm finding, though, is that I could in some senses, be just as busy with my own little business, than I could be with a job outside the home.  It's been a challenge to schedule my time and my priorities so that I make sure my time with my kiddos, husband, and the Lord doesn't suffer because of my "busyness"! ;)  I'm still working on being organized, and trying, for the most part, to get all of my work done at night after the kids are in bed.  But, how does a mama do this without getting really, really tired, and therefore really, really grumpy???  Someone suggested scheduling "blocks" of time, and I love that idea!  I'm going to try it!

I am sooo excited that I get to spend my days at home!  I'm so glad that we've made this decision, and ever so grateful to the Lord for allowing this to happen.  It might be tight at times, and sacrifices are definitely being made, but, I have total faith and confidence in Him, and know that He has lead us through this journey for a reason, and every single step has had a purpose. 

Hope you all have had a wonderful weekend. And, if anyone has any suggestions about how to plan your day so that you can do it all (and I mean, ALL) ;), please, please, comment, and let me know!!!!

Blessings!!!!

Liz ;)

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your decision to stay at home with you kiddos, and for the courage it took to speak to your boss! I have no words of wisdom when it comes to organization, I am still trying to work that out myself!! Blessings to you on your new endeavor!!

    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting me at my blog. I remember when I took the plunge. At first I had no idea what to do with myself, now I fight not to overschedule myself. It is awesome that you are selling your items. I did this for a while and figured out my time was better spent learning not to spend versus trying to make money. I think this may have a lot to do with being prego and have several young children under foot. Good Luck and God bless on your adventures.

    ReplyDelete